sexta-feira, 31 de dezembro de 2021

WOUNDED WORDS FROM A FORGOTTEN LAND

Wounded Words From A Forgotten Land

I was born in Bamyan
I was born in Kabul
I was born in Panjshir
I was born everywhere…

You don’t know me

But I know who you are.
You’re the one who came to kill me
And you will kill me
With all your evil skills
Just because I am who I am
Just because I dare to look
Into the abyss of your devil soulless eyes.

You may think that you killed me before

And you did, thousands of times
You may think you killed me forever
But you didn’t and you won’t.
You just shot the reflection of your evil mind.
My innocence, my strength and my hope
Will go on to haunt you and defeat you.

While I sit and sing

(I know you forbade me to do it
And that’s one more reason to do it)
I look at the clouds and touch the ground
Always for the first and the last time.

I can hear the roar coming

I know you are just around the corner.
Before you take me and rape me
You’ll kill all my family and all my sheep.
Yet, I don’t move
I sing, I wait, I persist.  

As you pass through the hidden valleys and plains

Through the ancient gorges and the peaceful mountains
All there is loses its natural joy and innocence.
My childhood escapes to the distance
My youth vanishes as I breathe
My old age is a useless wise ragged book
1400 years is the age of my fears and my pain
You’re the inventor and executioner
Of all my nightmares.

The only paradise that you’ll meet

Is the hell you have created
Since you were born.
No 72 virgins to rape
No honey and berries to taste
No glory or reward for your inhuman deeds.
Only emptiness, evil and death
Only you, alone, with yourself
And your endless darkness.

What I see

Is not what is before me anymore.
With your creed and your gun
With your blindness and cruelty
You shut my eyes to all there is.
Yet, here I am
I sing, I wait, I persist…  

In your eyes I see only

The nothing you will be…

São Ludovino, 17/10/2021

Wounded Words From A Forgotten Land, poem & video by São Ludovino


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário